A New London Tradition
Michael's Dairy has been in operation for over sixty years and has been located adjacent to Mitchell College since the founding of the institution in 1938. The Buscetto family acquired the dairy and the property from the Mitchell family in 1943 and renamed the Mitchell Dairy to the present name. Michael's Dairy was the last milk processing dairy in New London and continued that tradition into the 1970s.
In May 2006, Mitchell College acquired Michael's Dairy which is now managed by the Department of Hospitality & Tourism and operated by Mitchell College students.